CARC – CORDOVA AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

Meeting Minutes

Monday, February 9, 2016

CVFD Training Room – 7 p.m.



Numerous members  participated in the 6:30 PM ARES conference call


  1. Program : ICS Review Joanie presented an overall review of ICS concepts.


  1. Call to Order

Meeting called to order @ 8:32 PM


  1. Roll Call  

Present were: KL2XZ Dick Groff, KL4DN Katherine Mead, KL2XM Bob Behrends, KL2XN joanie Behrends, KL4DL Stephen Phillips KL4DL, KL4DM Rheo Reroma, and KL4FE Mark Meredith.


  1. The Reading of our Purpose


  1. Approval of Agenda

Moved: Dick; Second: Katherine to approve the February 9, 2016 agenda. Motion passed unanimously.


  1. Approval of Minutes for January 11, 2016  

Moved: Katherine; Second: Bob to approve the January 11, 2015 minutes. Motion passed unanimously.


  1. Treasurer’s report  

Bob reports that the current balance is $417.64 and lots of folks have renewed membership for 2016. Those who have recently renewed are Robert Gear, Bob and joanie Behrends, Dick Groff. Katherine Mead, Mark Meredith, Rheo Reroma, and Stephen Phillips.


  1. Communications: Jim Wiley  KL7CC re January Testing Results, Larry Hodges with Naked Island stuff

Jim Wiley (who assisted with the remote testing session) contacted joanie with the results of the testing in late January; she then emailed the students with those results. Additionally, Larry Hodges (Valdez HAM radio) sent a series of emails regarding the potential for a repeater @ Naked Island.


  1. Committee Reports-none


  1. Emergency Coordinator Report

Ralph was not present to report, but many members has listened to the ARES conference call. ARES is currently preparing for an exercise on March 19th, concentrating on CW.


  1. Unfinished Business

    1. IRLP Node Update

      1. Internet Connection: Stephen reported it is down and he is hoping to work on it soon

      2. Script Deployments…missed this- sorry. (was not on agenda)

      3. Secondary Board….Rheo expressed some interest in working on building another node, using the second board. Stephen will be able to help him get started.

    2. Repeater ID update

      1. Schedule Trip up the mountain It was decided to wait until there is more daylight to go up the mountain again.

    3. Club Liability Insurance decision- joanie could not find the information on her computer and requested to table this until next month

    4. Non-Profit IR Status- joanie reported that progress had been made in this endeavor. Review of the application revealed some items that needed to be discussed or changed in order to become non-profit. 1) a conflict of interest clause needs to be added to the constitution. Joanie will write it and bring it for review next month. 2) the application fee is a $400 one-time expense, so members discussed whether that was worth it- or not 3) joanie mentioned to everyone that non-profit status makes the assumption we will not conduct business with any of our members 4) do we intend to do fundraising? We decided to keep that open as an option.


Joanie will check with Anchorage Radio Club to see if we need to be non-profit to apply for grants.


  1. New Business

    1. Echo Link Adapter for IRLP no report, since Mike was absent

    2. Club Website: There was discussion about the advantages to a website. Stephen can donate the domain. It was suggested that members check out the website for WL7LP to get ideas of what we can do with our site

    3. Create a schedule for Monday night NET Control: It was decided to make a schedule to indicate who will be NET CONTROL each Monday night, changing every two (2) weeks. Joanie will make a schedule


  1. Good of the Order:

Katherine shared a video from Snowpocalypse, showing Dick as a memorable Safety Officer.

  1. Adjourn

Moved: Dick; Second: Katherine to adjourn.. Motion passed unanimously. Adjourned @ 2127