CORDOVA AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

MEETING AGENDA

Monday, October 10, 2016

CVFD Training Room – 7 p.m.

 

 

Ralph started out the night….

Ralph told us about communications in a project he has recently been a part of. It is a salvage project on the Seal river. He was encouraged by how well the radios helped in that project.

There was NO contact on the ARES drill on Sept 24th…we had lightning storms at the time. Ralph used his Yeasu 840, from his house, and tried to make contact from 9-12. The rest of the state did well. He mentioned possibly getting a new antenna on the ski hill? Need HF antennae?

 

 

  I.  Program – Getting back on track with programming: a  DISCUSSION J  PROGRAM WAS NOT DONE.

The original plan was:

January   Responder Ready

February   ICS 100

March  How we fit in to IMT

April   AAR

May  Morse Code

June  Foxhunt/ Field Day

July  Soldering (Stephen) / Put together QRP radio/ TEST

August  Foxhunt

September   Soldering/ Put together QRP radio

October  QRP “Show and Tell”

November  Radio REVIEWS

December  ???

  II.  Call to Order

Meeting called to order @ 7:22 PM

 

  III.  Roll Call

Present were: KL4DL Stephen Phillips, KL2XZ Dick Groff, KL4DN Katherine Mead, KL1AL Ralph Bullis, KL4HF James Thorne, KL2XN Joanie Behrends, KL2XM Bob Behrends, and KL4AF Bryan Mills

 

  IV.  The Reading of our Purpose

Joanie read the Purpose.

 

  V.  Approval of Agenda for October 10, 2016 

Moved: Katherine; Second: Bryan to approve the October 10, 2016 agenda. Motion passed unanimously.

 

  VI.  Approval of Minutes for September 12, 2016  dick bryan

Moved: Dick; Second: Bryan to approve September 12th minutes.  Motion passed unanimously.

 

 VII.  Treasurer’s report  As of 8/31/16  $758.69 

Bob reported a $758.69 balance, as of 8/31/16. Upcoming bills will include non-profit status application of ~400.  Bob also still has patches. We have sold ~5-10 so far.

 

VIII.  Communications

  i.  Communications to Joanie included:

1.  Pete Marsh, our friend from Anchorage is still interested in coming to Cordova to share his knowledge. He was unable to visit in October so joanie will contact him again and the hope is he can visit in Nov.

2.  Jim Wiley contacted us to inform us that the address for returning testing materials to has been changed. We now send materials to :  Anchorage VEC, c/o Kathleen O’Keefe, KL7KO, 2003 W 46th Ave, Anchorage AK 99517-3176

3.  Mel Brown, who was reminding us to update the repeater info online. This is an annual requirement for the repeater. Joanie has already done it.

  ii.  Stephen had a random IRLP communication. (K4UZM : Mr. Slawson  repeater skywatcher, sna communicators. KC2UFO repeater). He determined that if we are connected directly node to node, it will disconnect that connection if a third party calls into the node.  Is there a setting off on our IRLP node that LETS this happen?  Bryan was surprised by this. Could this be a default behavior? They will check into it.

  iii.  Stephen said “hi” to Bryan J

  iv.  Joanie then remembered that there were communications from Michael Heit, who contacted her with regards to the possibility of pre-positioning some State of AK HAM radio equipment in Cordova. She is waiting for them to determine a good time to visit.

  IX.  Committee Reports

a.  No standing committees to report

b.  501(c)3 joanie wants to be sure its still OK to spend the $400….and needed a credit/debit card to finish the application.  Shall we get a debit card? Bryan will check into it. 

Moved: joanie; Second: Bob to get a debit card for CARC .

Bob does not think the bank paperwork (and thus, bank account signature information) has been updated since Stephen took over as president. Bob will get that list. Bryan will draw up the papers.

 

  X.  Emergency Coordinator Report

(Ralph talked earlier before he left)

 

  XI.  Unfinished Business

a.  Visitors in November?

Joanie will contact Pete Marsh again about November.

b.  Activities in October/November 

Halloween –possible listening on the Motley…(on 3.920,  80 meters)

c.  HAM trailer ready for winter? 

YES?  But do we need to move it?

  XII.  New Business

a. Website and domain name purchased. Bryan update us:

1)  Wl7cxf.org is the DOMAIN  

2) cordovaamateur.radio.club  is the website and also our domain.

We could do club@something for mass emails. 

Bought from .club domains for only .88 cents ( and we may only use one. )   (NAMECHEAP.com) 

We are using google sites as a host…basic… and free now

3)  Stephen will find a transmitter  info  for a fox hunt. Stephen has the gizmo with the antennae…it is a receiver? We HAVE receiver box…and still need a receiver, Dick says.

 

XIII.  Good of the Order 

Turn on your radios !!!

 

XIV.  Next Meeting Time 

November 14, 2016

 

 XV.  Adjournment

Moved: Joanie; Second: Bob to adjourn @ 8:37 PM. Passed unanimously.